THE REVERSIBLE TIRE PROTECTOR CO.

Taken From "Along the Wisconsin River" By A. Decker, 1907

THE REVERSIBLE TIRE PROTECTOR CO.

The members of this Company are D. E. Frost, T. J. Anders and C. E. Van Hecke, the three men shown in the automobile. They have just started a factory for the manufacture of

THE REVERSIBLE TIRE PROTECTOR

This improvement, which will add much to the durability of automobiles, was invented in 1906 by C. E. Van Hecke. The Company already has a good start made toward the building up of an important industry.

There is a wide field and an almost incalculable demand for an article that so effectually overcomes the one prominent difficulty with automobiling, viz.: the destruction of pneumatic tires. The Reversible Protector entirely eliminates all danger of puncture, bruises or cuts.

Several of these Protectors are now in use in various parts of the country where the company purposely scattered them to test under the varying conditions that different localities present. One car that they equipped with them is now on a trip to New York and has already made nearly 2,000 miles without puncture or injury. Others are being tested with like results in the City of Chicago and various other localities.

The Protector is ornamental and surprisingly strong. A novel feature is the method of fastening whereby it is held so securely that it cannot shift position, yet is free to "creep" and "spring," thus relieving the sudden strain caused by contact with track obstructions.

The Company has several orders on hand, a considerable crew at work, and that their product is awakening the interest of the automobile fraternity is evidenced by the fact that already one of the largest automobile tire manufacturing concerns in America has asked to negotiate with them with a view of taking their entire output.

      

See our Permissions page for use and copyright information.