4th Grade Wisconsin History
The following links are provided for your convenience. All links in this section will open in a new window or tab. Please visit our main Educational Material page for additional resources.
- The Wisconsin Electronic Reader has links to various articles, books, and essays regarding Wisconsin History.
- Wisconsin Historical Society's page for Teachers and students.
- Another page from WHS for teachers.
- The Malcolm Rosholt Collection online through the McMillan Library in Wisconsin Rapids.
- Make use of the U. S. Geological Survey site's "Educational Material" section and in particular the section for Grades K-6 page.
- Early U. S. Settlements from the Wisconsin Historical Society. A collection Wisconsin articles and books available online.
- "Indian Country" - a page from the Milwaukee Public Museum about Native American history in Wisconsin beginning with Paleo-Indian 10,000 BC to 8,500BC.
- American Journeys - digital collection housed by the Wisconsin Historical Society. Its 18,000 pages cover a good deal of early American exploration from the Viking era onward.
- Wisconsin Geological and Natural History Survey. Some material here may be useful.
- Capitals and Capitols in Early Wisconsin - a pdf file from the Wisconsin Blue Book 1983-1984.
Tours of Portage County, Wisconsin already available on this site
- View historic Time Line.
- Read the 1857 "Handbook of Stevens Point"
- Drive the Polish Heritage Highway in Portage County
- Or, take the Polish Heritage Trail.
- Take a Tour of Portage County.
See our Permissions page for use and copyright information.